Great news for small and local businesses highly dependent on Google My Business to assist in their local SEO efforts. On November 12, 2018 Google released their latest version of their Google My Business app for small business owners – Google My Business 3.0. This is a big step for Google, as it seems they are really pushing for ownership of the customer relationship management and “engagement” process for local businesses.
What’s New with the Google My Business 3.0 app?
A lot. We heard that our app could get better so we got to work making improvements.
– In the new Customers tab you can respond to reviews, message with your customers, and see your followers all in one place.
– Results on the Home tab. Clicks, calls, direction requests, and follows – see in one glance how and how much your customers interact with your Business Profile right from the app’s Home tab.
– Introducing the Business Profile – that helpful box with your business information that you see on Google Search and Maps finally has a name: Business Profile on Google. Make edits to your Business Profile and see those changes on Google in real time.
– With a tap of the new Post button in the app, you can easily upload photos, create enticing offers and share what makes your business so unique.
– Real-time notifications let you know when a customer connects with your business on Google. Focus on what you love and rest easy knowing that Google My Business is on the clock helping you get more customers.
– And finally, we have fixed several bugs and made various other technical improvements to help keep your business running smoothly on Google.
From our viewpoint, real-time Google My Business notifications are huge, as they allow for immediate responses from small business owners. GMB is quickly becoming a must-have tool for all small local businesses.
How can SEO Long Island help small businesses like yours with Google My Business?
Google My Business has certainly evolved from a listing and business directory to more of an “engagement system” that allows small businesses the ability to track their online reputation, as well as common forms of local customer engagement. With improved Analytics in 3.0, there’s now more useful information for marketers like SEO Long Island to digest.
Need help with your Google My Business setup, optimization, and management? Contact our team here in Long Island today to get you setup within 24 hours!